Full stack developer with 10+ years experience in building and maintaining websites; 5 years experience with a large-scale enterprise application. Draws on a background in project management with a focus on communication. Enjoys staying current with industry trends and learning about new technologies.
Senior Engineer: 2019 – Present
Software Engineer: 2016 – 2019
Contractor: 2014 - 2016
- Designed, built and currently maintains an enterprise scale PHP application that manages sales, LIMS laboratory workflows, delivery of customer results and financial reporting. Over 350,000 customer samples processed to date.
- Serves as a liaison between engineering, the wet lab and quality assurance.
- Implemented full-text search for a public facing strain database using PostgreSQL.
- Built an API for genotype data reporting in Elixir.
- Manages AWS infrastructure for deployments and hosting.
- Oversaw a production database conversion from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
Stage Right Labs, LLC
Owner / Founder: 2014 - Present
- Provides consulting services for clients who lack technical backgrounds.
- Advises non-profits, artists and startups on best practices for the operation and maintenance of websites, domain names and email accounts.
Freelance Web Developer
2006 - 2014
- Focused on using WordPress to translate client needs into web solutions.
- Handled 40+ clients with a variety of needs, including brand new websites and the care and maintenance of existing projects.